About Me

My photo
Missoula, Montana, United States
On August 13th 2010

Monday, May 9, 2011

And so it begins.

Well, it is about time that I get everybody up to date.  I was able to rent an amazing handcycle from the Courage Center about two weeks ago,and I also started their handcycling program. We meet once a week and ride 15 to 25 miles a day on different trails around the twin cities.  The riding around my house is very hilly and tough but great training for the mountains in MT.  As for the trip to MT the planning is well on its way.

We plan to leave on August 2nd.  The ride it's self will take place on the 11, 12, and the 13.  We will be doing the ride over 3 days and camping along the way.  My buddies Kevin, Brain, and Tyler who live in MT are going to do the ride with me and as of last friday my good friend PJ has bought a bike and has joined the team.  Amy and her best friend Alena will be our support car with all the gear and food.  Who knows who will join in the future?

As far as the documentary goes the filming team is getting put together.  There are some people that I have just met who seem to want to get involved and my good friend Joe, who I believe is charging his batteries as I write.  In the next week I plan to start getting some letters in the mail to see about getting some sponsors for this trip.  The first on the list are some bike companies, and from there it is a large list of people I will be reaching out to for support.  Lets hope there are some companies that want to get invovled. 

From here on out I will be keeping everybody up to date as to what is going on in our lives.  So stay tuned, there is a lot more to come.

3 comments:

  1. Joe you are an inspiration to all of us. We could not be more proud of you. Your continued positivity has kept all of us positive as well. God speed in all you do. Love Dad and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're amazing Joe! I can't wait to hear all about this new journey you're taking! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Joe! Your the comeback kid! We are very proud of you!

    Love dad and mom

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive